Transferring a license may be necessary for various reasons in the context of software or services. Here are some common reasons why an organization might choose to transfer a license:
- Employee Resignation: When an employee leaves the company, their license may need to be transferred to a new employee or a different team member.
- Hardware Upgrade: If an employee receives a new device or undergoes a hardware upgrade, the license associated with the software may need to be transferred to the new device.
- Device Replacement: In cases of device replacement due to damage or malfunction, transferring the license ensures continuity of access.
Optimizing License Allocation:
- Efficiency: Organizations may transfer licenses to ensure optimal use of resources and prevent licenses from being underutilized or wasted.
- Cost Management: Transferring licenses can be part of a cost management strategy, especially if it allows for the reassignment of licenses to areas where they are more critical.
Compliance and Security:
- Access Control: License transfers can be part of access control measures, ensuring that only authorized individuals or devices have the appropriate licenses.
- Security Measures: If a device or user account is compromised, transferring the license to a new, secure environment may be necessary.
For this scenario, it's best to refer to the Off-Boarding Requests section.The Off-boarding Request serves two distinct purposes related to this scenario:
- Uninstall the license from the company device while maintaining the total number of licenses
- Uninstall the license from the company device, reducing the overall number of licenses
Once you decide which option you want to go with, send a new distribution email for onboarding to the new device.
After you hand over the company device to the employee, send the installer download link.
Follow these steps in the ArmourZero console:
Step 1 - Hover over the left side menu and navigate to "Manage" > "Subscriptions."
Step 2 - Under "Manage," select "Subscriptions."
Step 3 - Choose the service to which you want to send the installer download link.
Step 4 - Click on "Actions," denoted by the three dots icon. A dropdown menu will appear.
Step 5 - From the dropdown menu, select "Send OB Email." A pop-up will open.
Glossary: OB stands for Onboarding.
Step 6 - In the pop-up, select the end user to whom you want to send the installer download link.
Click "Send Email."
Please make sure you still have unused licenses. How to check?
Navigate to: Subscriptions > Active Users
The box in the picture illustrates the balance of licenses.
What should you do if you have fully utilized the license?
This situation could potentially lead to overly subscribed licenses. To avoid this, there are two potential actions:
- Reassign licenses to new devices.
- Purchase add-on licenses.
We strongly recommend that you contact your Success Manager for advice on what would be best for your company.
To assist your end-users (employees) in using the protection service seamlessly, we've prepared a PDF guide. Please feel free to download and share this guide with your end-users using this link: PDF Guide.
Known issue: At times, accessing the PDF file may require a Google login. If you don't have one, kindly request a copy from your dedicated success manager.
Alternatively, forward this video to your end-users.
After successfully installing the agent or license on your device, it should automatically appear on the device section page. If, however, you don't see the device listed, it indicates that the installation was not successful. Various factors, specific to the product you've subscribed to, may be responsible for this issue. In such cases, reaching out to your Success Manager is recommended for tailored troubleshooting advice.
Making sure each device is linked to the right person is super important for keeping things organized. Make sure to read assign particular devices to end users.