- Agent / Installer Package - You need to download and open the server agent/package. If you want to know how to download it, refer to this article.
Step 1 - Open the downloaded file and run the installer for your platform
Automox interfaces with Windows to update the application on the endpoint and can work with or without a WSUS server.
Step 2 - Configure Windows Server
To configure Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) for Automox, follow these instructions:-
Configure your desired products and classifications, languages, synchronization schedule, and Automatic approvals. These settings will be specific to your environment.
Configure Update Files and Languages (Local Caching)
- The Update Languages tab of this wizard will be specific to your environment.
- Configure the Update Files tab as shown in the following:
- Update Rules: This will be specific to your environment. The goal here is to have WSUS automatically approve any update it finds. This rule should mirror the products and classifications which you have configured on your WSUS server.
- Advanced: This should be specific to your environment.
- Configure WSUS Server in the Automox console for desired groups.
- Disable OS automatic updates in the Automox console for desired groups (recommended for all groups}.
Now you are ready to send the installer link to your employee (end-users). The next following article can teach you how to:-