Before you proceed, please read this article.
1. Login into Linux host as root before proceeding with the installation.
2. You will need a unique licence key while installing the agent on the computer. You can find the licence key in your email
Step by step self-provisioning for your Linux
Step 1 – From the email, copy the licence key
Step 2 - Click your computer type - Linux user to start downloading the installation package
There are 3 different packages depending on your system which are
- DEB Package - for Debian and Ubuntu systems
- RPM Package - for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Oracle Linux, Amazon Linux, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server systems
- WithSecure installer - automatically install and activates the account on suitable systems
Step 3 - Turn on the terminal by pressing the super key (or Windows key), go to the left-hand side application pane, and click the "Terminal" icon. Alternatively, you can search for Terminal in the search area and click the "Terminal" icon
Step 4 - Navigate to the installer location. To install the program, run the command depending on the package downloaded
DEB Package: dpkg -i f-secure-linuxsecurity.deb
RPM Package: rpm -Uvh f-secure-linuxsecurity.rpm
WithSecure installer: ./f-secure-linuxsecurity-installer --subscription-key SUBSCRIPTION-KEY
When using the WithSecure installer, a licence key can be used by renaming the file, for example:
This action will prevent running the installation package with additional command-line arguments
Step 5 - Activate the service by running the following command line. Paste your licence key at "SUBSCRIPTION-KEY"
/opt/f-secure/linuxsecurity/bin/activate --psb --subscription-key SUBSCRIPTION-KEY
- This step can be skipped if you are using the WithSecure installer
- WithSecure was formerly known as F-Secure
Congratulation, WithSecure is now installed on your computer, and your computer is now protected with Endpoint Detection and Response s services. Kindly inform you IT department accordingly.
Contact your IT department should you have any further questions or need assistance.